Friday, March 10, 2006

Kid update #1

My oldest son leaves for Spring Break on Monday. No, he's not doing the typical trip to Florida or Mexico. He won't be drinking himself into a stupor, vomiting off a balcony, waking up with a silly outfit on, and later seeing a picture of that night here. Instead he will be going with his girlfriend and a few other friends, and staying here in New York City.

I always knew he wasn't the typical kid. Looking back at his childhood I smile realizing just how different he really was. And now I realize just how lucky I am to be his mother. He's the perfect son.

He's a mass communications major now. He's Program Manager of the school radio station, writes a music review column for the newspaper, a reporter for the television station, and has started taking film classes.

You can check out one of his news stories here. Look to the right, and click "To watch the most recent episode of VCU InSight, click here." Once the film starts move ahead 23 minutes into the episode and you'll catch him.

dena at 9:32 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 1:44 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally nice to see some kids with their heads screw on right....way to go!

 
at 7:05 AM Blogger Chatty said...

I would have loved to have gone to NYC when I was in college. Getting looped wasn't my thing in college. I saved that for when I was an adult and could afford it! LOL

 
at 12:04 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

I watched it - he is REALLY good!!!

 
at 8:54 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYC sounds like more fun to me! Michele sent me tonight!

 
at 8:55 PM Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hi Michele sent me tonight, Wow, what a great kid you have. You must have done a good job raising him!

 
at 9:04 PM Blogger ƒåυνέ said...

Very cool. You should be proud.

Here via Michele's

 
at 9:04 PM Blogger utenzi said...

Hey Dena. I'm visiting from Michele's.

I stayed at the Chelsea also way, way back during an Easter break in college. I went to see a few Broadway plays and walk around the city a bit. I remember seeing the area in which they were planning on building the Twin Towers--and now they're gone. Obviously that trip was a long time ago.

I hope your eldest son has a great time visiting the Big Apple, Dena.

 
at 3:14 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be a proud mama!!!

 
at 5:32 AM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Can't seem to access the NYC link...would love to see where he is going to be there...You do have a wonderful son!

 
at 9:36 PM Blogger Misti said...

That is awesome.

 
at 11:44 PM Blogger -tnchick- said...

He makes you one proud Mama, I'm sure. WHat a great young man - Good job there, Mom :)

 

Post a Comment