Friday, March 24, 2006

In the news

For the past several days I have felt like crap. I have ached. My throat has felt as though it was lined with the hair of a Greek man's back. My head has felt heavy, and my hearing was minimal. I am finally starting to feel like me again.

I watch quite a bit of news, and this past week I watched even more. My favorite stories of the week? Here you go:

In Texas you can now be arrested for public drunkeness...inside a bar.

Helen Thomas and George Bush...her question, his expression when he responded.

The family missing in Oregon - who doesn't like some happy news every now and them?

Debra Lafave - enough said

Tanya Kach - the girl that resurfaced after being held by the school custodian for ten years...what the hell?


I feel so much better today, but I'm still watching the news. I've been switching back and forth between MSNBC, Fox, and CNN for the past two hours, and I'm sure it will continue throughout the night. I've got the wife killing the preacher husband story that's got me roped in now.

dena at 7:58 PM

15comments

15 Comments

at 10:18 PM Blogger Kimberly said...

I am haunted about that Texas story. WTF??? Isn't this America??

 
at 11:30 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

And yet nothing new about Skulz...

 
at 11:35 PM Blogger -tnchick- said...

... and I don't even know about those stories.

Yikes re: #1

 
at 12:09 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better! Were you kissing Ashton?

Don't you just know a juicy story is going to come about about the preacher and his wife?!

 
at 7:59 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish the news would get better from the States. I'm tired of getting the "tsk, tsk" from the Finns about all the wierd news!

 
at 9:19 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Well, you can't smoke in a bar in CA, so why not?

 
at 7:24 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get depressed just about every time I watch the news. :(

 
at 12:59 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bad news about the Oregon family is that the authorities in Arizona recognized them and have issued drug-related warrants. Oops.

Glad you're feeling better.

 
at 9:11 PM Blogger yellojkt said...

I need a link to the bar story. The irony ther is just to rich.

 
at 10:05 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about the minister story too. I haven't heard any details.

But there HAD to be something going on there.
Just because a guy is a man of God doesnt mean he isnt a bad guy.

Women (esp with kids) dont normally kill their spouse on a whim.

 
at 9:25 PM Blogger yellojkt said...

A radio talk show was doing the Texas bar arrests. Over 2200 people caught so far. The DJ thought it was just for revenue enhancement.

 
at 11:10 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness TN doesn't have that law or I might be in jail!

I hope you are much better by now. Your trip is coming up very shortly right?

 
at 1:50 PM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I have a very hard time with the news these days..It's so depressing and filled with Horror story's...I'm amazed you can watch it while feeling so bad and that it doesn't make you feel worse! (lol)

 
at 6:34 AM Blogger sage said...

Dena, this is all old news now! Are you AWOLed in Vegas?

 
at 10:57 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I know that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but come on... Or did you stay in Vegas?

 

Post a Comment