Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Wednesday Whispers

Something new for Wednesdays. Sharing a little something secret. Care to join me?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Against some initially well-received advice, I took the plunge last night and for dinner ate a Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart with butter. It was good. I’m having one for dinner again tonight.

I’m not wearing underwear today. Not because I’m trying to be Paris Hilton sexy, but because I was too lazy to go upstairs and grab a pair. My husband is working nights this week, and I’d already banged enough drawers, opened and closed enough closets, and turned on enough lights.

I was purposely rude and sarcastic to someone on a private baby board I belong too. I got called on it by someone I know is just as sarcastic as I am, and secretly wanted to make the same comments. I feigned innocence, and tried to play it off. I’m still proud of my remarks, however.

Sometimes I actually like when my husband works nights. It means I really don’t have to cook. Not that I cook that often now, but Ethan’s happy with a frozen waffle, and I get that Pop Tart.

This morning when I was in and out of the bedroom gathering clothes, I heard Huey Lewis and the News’ Power of Love playing. That means my husband tuned the radio to a Top 40 Adult Oldies station. I laughed my ass off. When I talk to him later today, I’m going to start dropping hints about how I think Huey Lewis is so cool. He’ll get pissed and make the “what the hell is wrong with you” face.

dena at 10:28 AM

9comments

9 Comments

at 3:09 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever gone a whole day with no panties.
After, um...you know...while still in bed but as far as wearing pants and doing my daily routine?
I don't think I could do it!

Huey Lewis was the first concert I ever went to.
I was a mediocre fan but there were some hardcore fans there!
It was kind of amusing.
Did you know that he is like a genius? He is a math prodigy or something. You would never know by looking at him huh?

 
at 3:14 PM Blogger Aginoth said...

I am so going to have to go watch Back to the Future now...

 
at 3:22 PM Blogger Juggling Mother said...

I've only had pop-tarts once. They were disgustingly sweet even by my standards (and thats saying something), but cinnimon sounds better - maybe it's time to give them another chance:-)

 
at 4:22 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

The cinnamon pop tarts are my favorite.

I so loved it when I busted Todd for liking NSync.

Todd NEVER wears underwear - I always do.

 
at 4:39 PM Blogger Your Mother said...

My secret this week: I miss TheMan working nights so I can fix frozen waffles and blog all night. Selfish? Nah.

 
at 7:55 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warm those brown sugar pop-tarts up and pour a glass a milk. I'm down with that. It's like a new drug. One that won't make you sick. One that won't make you crash your car or make you feel three feet thick.
One that won't hurt your head. One that won't make your mouth too dry or make your eyes to red. One that won't make you nervous, wondering what to do...

 
at 8:28 PM Blogger Chatty said...

I wear underwear for the same reason I don't wear a thong. If I wore pants, it would look like I had to squirrels fighting in a sack back there!

I love Pop Tarts which is probably why I have the problem above.

I finally got to a point where I didn't care if I was rude anymore. People were dicks to me, so I said, "f*ck it". Now I have a blog where I can do it openly!

 
at 9:20 PM Blogger WendyWings said...

Nothing wrong with the no underwear thing , nothing at all :)
I got my son the Back to the Future trilogy for Christmas, I am with Aginoth that song always reminds me of those movies :)

 
at 7:11 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm not sure I could do the no panties thing either. It would feel too weird for me.

 

Post a Comment