Wednesday, January 11, 2006


Thirteen Things about Dena


1. I went grocery shopping last night. I came home wiht $170 worth of groceries, but nothing that would create a complete meal. But I did buy lots of fresh fruits and veggies, some healthy snacks, organic waffles and whole grain pasta. Adam will be disappointed. He's such a pot roast, country fried steak, loaded nacho kind of guy.

2. During my grocery trip, I saw this guy that looked very familiar in the frozen food aisle. I looked at him, but then Ethan started occupying my thoughts. A few minutes later I felt a tap on my arm, and heard my name. I was right with my initial thought. It was a roller rink crush from the 6th grade, a guy I later dated at 16, and dated again after my frist divorce when I was 26. It was great to see him, and nice to hear how his life has changed. He is now the father of one year old twins (a boy and a girl). His first children, and his first marriage. We hugged, and it felt good to see an old friend.

3. I watched Celebrity Fit Club last night. What the hell?

4. I chose the Thursday 13 over the Things Thursday today. I may still do the Things, but it will be much later.

5. Temps in the 70s are predicted for today. THE 70s. For those of you who do not know, this is January and it's Virginia. Yes, the 70s! It's 54 degrees right now. It's 6:40. (I think I'm starting to feel a little something in my stomach, my throat is scratchy and suddenly, I've got the sniffles. I really don't feel very well.)

6. Adam is still working at night, and to him this equates to doing NOTHING all day. For some reason, he's lost a six-hour window of life. Six hours that he could do things like finish tiling the bathroom or at least put a dirty dish in the dishwaher. It's funny how the number of hours in a day changes when you work nights.

7. My pansies look better this year than in previous winters. I think it's our weather.

8. We have lots of rabbits in our area. Every few years they'll eat my pansies to the ground. They did it last year. I haven't seen them near my pansies this year. Someone told me that this is a proven fact...rabbits selectively eat pansies only every few years. I believe it.

9. We're having 70 degree weather again tomorrow.

10. On Saturday, it's going to be in the low 40s. (I've got to get these sniffles and the coughing perfected by 12 today)

11. Tonight I want to go to Home Depot and buy white paint to do the trim throughout the house. Adam doesn't allow me to paint because he thinks I do a crappy job. But I CAN do the trim. I'l buy a really great brush, and a small can of trim paint, and do it while he's working night again next week. I'm going to sneak and do a little each night while he's working.

12. Did you hear about the dogs and cancer link. I just cuaght a little tidbit on the news, and it seems that dogs have the capability to sense cancer. mmmmmmm.

13. I started this post last night, went to sleep, and then woke up and finished it this morning. How's that for dedication?

14. I don't support Judge Alito.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Ivory Frog
2. Better Safe Than Sorry
3. chatty
4. The Music Whore
5.MommaK
6. Gina in AZ
7. Fireflies & Frogs

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



dena at 10:37 PM

10comments

10 Comments

at 7:23 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm going to start doing this meme this week. I love reading everyone's answers. I don't support Alito either.

 
at 8:34 AM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

A QUOTE:

"Gosh, Misty, those are great ideas for Things Thursday. I can’t wait to get my camera out, and start snap, snap, snapping away. The joy! THe thrill! I can’t wait!!!!!!!"

 
at 8:35 AM Blogger me said...

I do that wiith my grocery shopping too! Over xmas I spent £102 (abot $180 according to currency converter) on 1 shopping trip - I came home with a lot of "stuff" - mainly juice and christmasy snacks and some fruit or veg that we don't have normally (more expensive stuff) and 1 meal, yes 1 - fishfingers (do you call them fishsticks?) and potato waffles. I had nothing else for a meal. I do my shopping online now -saves temptation (to an extent.)

Great list!
my 13 is up too. :-)

 
at 9:48 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 13 is up

I'm uneasy about Alito as well.

I also don't think the average American understands the importance of the Supreme Court nominations either.

I think Harriet Myers was a bait/switch myself.

anyway....

 
at 12:16 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I misread pansies for panties in #7, which was was pretty funny. I had to go back and reread it to catch my mistake. But since it made #7 pretty funny, I made the same word switch on #8 on purpose and that was REALLY funny. You should try it.

Alito - boooo

 
at 5:29 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alito bad....

I went out like a fool in a fleece sweatshirt to run my errands today, I have sweated like a pig! I somehow missed it was going to be this hot. Its strange VA weather as you said.

 
at 7:59 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celebrity Fit Club is a train wreck and I can't look away. The canine and cancer thing is amazing. I wish they could tell us early enough when it is them...

My 13 are up

 
at 8:30 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i run into a guy i used to date in high school every now and then, it's weird but nice at the same time. i have no idea who alito is.
i'm playing this week too.

 
at 9:51 PM Blogger sage said...

i missed something--what kind of things do I need to be looking for in my dogs behavior that should get me to make an immediate doctor's appointment?

 
at 4:45 AM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great Thursday Thirteen...I haven't had time to do it and I don't know how to get the explaination code onto my blog...Technically challenged, beyond words...
I do very much enjoy reading all the TT, though...

Alito...VERY VERY SCARY!

 

Post a Comment