Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm a loser because...

I'm wearing a pair of reading glasses that have so many scratches in them that in order to see what I'm reading I have to focus my eyes between the lines, the scuffs and the chips. It is beyond the normal realm of difficult because the scratches on each of the lenses are at different levels. However, I've bcome quite proficient at squinting my eyes and tilting my head to make the most of this pair of glasses.
Here they are:
Image hosting by Photobucket
I kid you not. I cannot read a word without them, but I go to extreme levels of excess to read with them. I told you I was a loser.
I used to have an extra pair, but they were lost to a habit of mine. During conversation, I tend to take hold of my glasses by the ear piece and spin them around. During one of my most active spin sessions, the extra pair of glasses snapped at the bridge. For an entire day I wore the gasses anyway. I just kept my head slightly upward so they would rest on my cheekbones. Yes, I did that.
Now, before you all start taking up a collection to buy me a suitable pair of specs, please understand the real reason as to why I keep wearing these glasses. This is what makes me a loser. It's the fact that I am too freakin' slack to a) call the doctor and make an eye appointment; b) go to the eye appointment; c) use my time off from work for something that I need in order to do my job; and d) fill out the long claim form required by my vision insurance. Yes, I even have vision insurance.

Could I be a bigger loser?

dena at 6:26 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 7:55 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

D you are not a loser! Stop saying that! However I will concede that you are mildy weird! (smiles)

 
at 10:29 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a loser, but just different priorities, things that need to get done, get done, this is something you figure you can do without, so you do. i'd say you're busy more than anything else.

 
at 10:51 PM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well then,... I am a "loser" with you...I sooooo understand how hard it is to do ANYTHING these days connected to "the Medical Profession"...and why it is EASIER to 'adjust' to Whatever!!!!!

Oh, my dear Dena....where is it all going to end!(lol)
But...truly...WHERE IS IT ALL GOING TO END?

Life seems so much more difficult now than it use to..or is it me?

Well...if and when these glasses don't workanymore...maybe..MAYBE.. (or not) then...or not(I'm soooo with you here because I've got some "glasses" problems and....OH SHIT!)

So...what else is going on, my dear? (LOL)

 
at 11:09 PM Blogger Kimberly said...

OMG! I am tha same loser and I have those same glasses! I will not get my ass to the eye doctor and I really have no good excuse.

We should go together :)

 
at 1:34 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! I don't know how you can stand it! I have a pair of sunglasses that got a tiny mark on the lense and it made me kooky to look through it. Please get another pair! (The better to see blogs, my dear!)

 
at 6:48 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

You have vision insurance? I'm insanely jealous. I have no insurance for anything.

Get your butt to the eye doctor.

NOW!

Yesterday even

 
at 9:37 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go getcha some cool new glasses! Vision insurance? I know though its like getting my Allegra called in at the pharmacy, that I am dying without, but I will suffer for days before I drive over to get it.

I keep straining to put the glasses off. The eye doctor said once I started that would be that.

 
at 10:41 AM Blogger melissa said...

I have to say that glasses THAT scratched would drive me so batty that I would tear my eyes out, thus defeating the purpose of reading glasses in the first place! Yowza. Get thee to the eye doctor, stat! (Oh, and you're not a loser, just a bit of a procrastinator. It's a disease, I swear it.)

: D

P.S. I tagged you, come see!

 
at 7:53 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

This is not what makes you a loser, you have so many other things that do that.

XOXOXO

 
at 10:55 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should see my sorry collection of eye glasses! I'm the nutty professor of them. I got the eye exam but still opted for the cheap ones in a strenght lower than what I needed so that my eyes will still have to work and because i need to have about a dozen pairs. I can't seem to keep good track of them and need them all over the house.

 
at 10:58 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS the comment link on the post above isn't working. Is it just me?

 

Post a Comment