Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Head on over to Soapbox's, and find the directions and info on this little picture share. She'll be hosting this little Thursday thing each week. And yes, I do realize that it's still Wednesday, but I like to do things a little differently. Please stop by Misty's and join in this Thursday game.

This Weeks Things:

01. Favorite Knick Knack or Art Piece in your house.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is my favorite painting in my house. My aunt is an art consultant/dealer in New York City. She gave me this one as a gift. It was part of her collection, and one of many pieces that she has loaned to museums. I love anything that's modern 50s and 60s, and this was painted during that period.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm not a huge knick knack person, but this is my favorite piece. This little enameled box belonged to my Grandmother. She got in in the late 1930s, and it was an antique even then. I just love it. It's a very deep blue inside, and very heavy. It could do some serious injury if I ever felt the need to hurl it at someone.

02. Where you blog from.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the home blog spot.

03. Your Christmas Tree or other Politically Correct Holiday Symbol.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The tree. Next year I'm doing colored lights. Big fat 1960's painted bulb colored lights.

dena at 8:16 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 8:49 PM Blogger kenju said...

Love that green box!

 
at 7:00 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Gorgeous Tree!

 
at 8:16 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

your grandmother's box is gorgeous!!!
happy thursday!

 
at 9:10 AM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Well, did not take you long to get that new monitor, did it? I love the new desk! And I love the box...I may need to borrow it for a "hurl"!

 
at 2:25 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend that collects the most beautiful lacquered boxes. he says you should hold on to that one because its special.

 

Post a Comment