Monday, December 12, 2005

Another bittersweet moment

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, yes, the excitement of a grown-up bed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And he was out.


I shed a couple of tears because this milestone is truly one of the markers that he's no longer a baby. He's out of the futon. The bed that was so low to the ground, that if he did roll off we knew he's survive.

Of course, this one will always be my baby. It's different when you have children so widely spaced. You don't want to rush the first steps, you don't wonder what they'll be like as teens. I know how quickly that time passes, and I've clung to each little piece of Ethan's baby and toddler years. Those wonderful moments are so brief, and those rought stages just as brief in the grand scheme.

He knows he'll always be my baby, and he tells me "I'm Daddy's big boy, but I'm your baby, Mommy."

dena at 7:00 AM

4comments

4 Comments

at 10:26 AM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Good Lord, Ethat was right... it is big!

 
at 12:04 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks so little in that great big bed! It does look comfy though!

 
at 7:10 PM Blogger Chatty said...

that's a gorgeous bed!! where'd you find it?

 
at 10:05 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you did cry, that is a big deal. And a very big bed. Its beautiful and I like Batman. I'm sure it does makes a difference when you REALLY do know how fast they grow up.

 

Post a Comment