Saturday, November 26, 2005

Vote for your favorite...

We have never been one of those families that sends photos with Christmas cards. In fact, when I came up with the idea this year my daugther remarked that, "we always laughted at people that did that", and we did. This year I decided to go against my inner cynic, and include a snapshot of the three of them in our cards. Our relatives will love it, and that's really all that matters.

On Thanksgiving Day, I forced the three if them to take some photos. It wasn't easy. I got a multitude of rolled eyes, a sprinkling of "have you lost your mind?" and a couple of "this blows" from the three of them. They all considered it "done" after the first "sit here, and hold still", and wanted to move on to something different immediately. I got a few decent ones, and now I can't make up my mind which one to use. One of these will be it, and I've narrowed it down to just these few, so let me know which one you like best. The most votes wins, and will be included in the cards sent to the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

dena at 1:37 PM

21comments

21 Comments

at 2:37 PM Blogger Juggling Mother said...

I like no.3 best!

 
at 4:07 PM Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

I like the top one the best, personally.
Michele has sent me, once again.

 
at 4:08 PM Blogger Bec said...

Hi
Number 2 for me (michele sent me today) and thanks for the pics of your older two. I'm sure you've heard this many times but your daughter is your mirror image!

 
at 4:11 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the second or third one down. All gorgeous pictures, though!

Michele sent me.

 
at 4:24 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me. I definitely think #3 is the best. It's nice and close and bright, and they're all smiling. What beautiful kids you have! Happy holidays!

 
at 4:38 PM Blogger carmilevy said...

Kat and I must have similar taste: I'm torn between the second and third.

I like them both because they're all together and so much more themselves and un-posed than in the other shots. The second pose is somewhat "warmer" in that regard, but the composition and sharpness fall short of that in #3. The third one just jumps out at you because of it.

That said, they're all wonderful - their vibrancy is clear in every photo.

 
at 4:42 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept changing my mind, but I'll cast my vote for #2.

 
at 4:48 PM Blogger craziequeen said...

Number 5 (last but one). They really look natural and like they are enjoying themselves :-)

Michele sent me

cq

 
at 6:19 PM Blogger Peggy said...

I love the second one!

 
at 6:21 PM Blogger Marcia said...

I love the last one!! Your oldest looks so much like you!

Michele..

 
at 6:51 PM Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
Really like the third one the best.

 
at 6:53 PM Blogger Unknown said...

I like the second one the best, and number 2 is my second choice. Gorgeous family, btw.

Sent by that Michele!

 
at 7:03 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

#3 definitely

but your oldest son's expression in the others is hilarious!

eerie again but I am going to torture the kids this year too with a picture card for the first time ever.

:)

 
at 7:20 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked the 3rd one best

 
at 8:54 PM Blogger NaeNae said...

I like the second one the best!

 
at 9:41 PM Blogger sage said...

for a family shot, the 2nd and 3rd are best (I'd probably go with the 3rd). I like your shot in the next to last one--but the closeness of the family in the other two give a nice impression.

 
at 10:26 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for #3

 
at 2:55 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

again....your oldest son's face in the others is cracking me up again.

lol

too funny!

He looks a little like Elijah Wood.
very handsome

 
at 8:36 AM Blogger Chatty said...

I like #3, but if you are having a hard time deciding, maybe you can make a collage out of the ones you really like and then send out for photos?

 
at 11:08 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really good looking kids!

 
at 2:21 PM Blogger me said...

All of them are great!
My favourites are numbers 3 and 4 though. :-)

 

Post a Comment