Sunday, November 06, 2005

Unintentional Observations and accidental thoughts

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I drive a 1998 Cheep Cherokee. Red, with the classic square body style. I love it. When its little insides wear out I plan to replace them, rather than the Jeep. I am not a bells and whistles person. I would reguest crank windows if the auto inudstry had the common sense to realize that some of us actually don't care about computer everything in our cars. On Saturdays and Sundays, when I am in no hurry, I like ot drive casually. I like to roll (alright, push a button) the windows down, and play music that I love, drink my coffee and enjoy my ride. That makes me happy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I hate people who ride my ass, particularly when I'm in the SLOW lane and am driving the speed limit. I am not in a hurry, and guess what? That 2005 325i BMW that you're driving does not impress me. Nor does your BMW ball cap, or your moronic personalized license plate that states, BCH BMW. No shit bitch! You're driving a BMW, and you live in Virginia Beach. How long did it take you to come up with that bit of genius? Now, if you had had the common sense to pass me? Which by the way, was a very available option. And if you had even an ounce of commone sense, then I may have let your stupidity slide out of my thoughts, rather than be the focus of my rambling rant. I am not bashing BMW drivers, because I'd drive a vintage 1970s 2002 in a heartbeat. And had you been driving some vintage BMW, then of course you would have known how to drive, and watching you drive would have been a joy. Of course you probably would have been a man, and a Democrat, and wearing a worn t-shirt and faded jeans. You would not have been some stupid bitch who thought she was impressing the world.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And yes, I can make generalizations. This is my blog.

dena at 7:47 AM

13comments

13 Comments

at 9:11 AM Blogger carmilevy said...

Nicely put, Dena. I've had way too many similar experiences with self-aggrandizing BMW drivers. I'm not sure what it is about this brand of vehicle, but it seems to turn the people who drive them into penile implants. Then again, maybe they were PIs long before they bought the car.

And to complete my rant, perhaps they bought the car to compensate for their lack of same.

The young moron in the 2006 3-series who ignored the do-not-pass-cyclists sign on the narrow bridge through campus fit this stereotype perfectly. He screamed bloody murder at me as I held my ground in the bike path - they reroute it right down the middle of the bridge to reinforce the no-passing rule. A number of nasty cuss words came from his car.

He cut me off as he passed me, gave me the finger out the window, and was still yelling as he pulled up to the light. Smiling, I rolled up to his window, looked down at him, pulled out my cell phone, repeated his license number, and told him if he had half a brain he would shut up now before I called the campus cops on him and had his license pulled. He apologized as the blood drained from his face.

Dropped in from Michele's today.

 
at 9:17 AM Blogger MaR said...

Hi, via Michele's this morning. I have friends who drive BMWs and they are nice people. But then again I don't interact with them while driving! some people tend to act differently when they sit behind a steering wheel. I have a cute Renault to quietly drive around town. Have a nice sunday.

 
at 9:24 AM Blogger phoenix said...

I also drive a jeep, but it is silver... now. I had a nice new red one until someone made a target out of it while I was driving to work at 1am in the morning. I owned it 8 whole days. Sigh.

I agree on the peeps that drive mercedes, bmw, and lexus type cars. They think they own the road.

Hi from Michele!

 
at 9:51 AM Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Carmi sent me over in view of the scary news you had.

Hope you are ok now.

 
at 11:19 AM Blogger Canadian Mark said...

Michele sent me to Carmi, who then sent me to you, so I don't know who really gets the credit for my visit here today. Any-hoo, good vibes from the Sault, on Carmi's request. I hope everything turns out well. Now, as far as something pertinent to your post - This is why I drive a bicycle and not a car.

 
at 11:25 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a lady pull in directly behind me on the highway at 60 mph and get so close that she almost hit my bumper then she jerked back into the original lane she was in cutting right in front of the car she had snaked around.

I am NOT an aggressive driver at all...I leave space between me and the car in front (which people seem to think is an invitation to cut in front of me) and I never honk or yell.
But boy was I mad at this idiot biatch!
People like that should be taken off the road.

My daughter drives a Green Jeep Cherokee 1999.

 
at 12:05 PM Blogger MaR said...

Hi, I am here again just to say hi, Carmi is the initiator!
How was the zoo?

 
at 12:44 PM Blogger David Edward said...

hoowee, got your back bristling now !! I like that keep slapping away at those pesky gnats, that is all they are.
Old cars Were better.
That is why people kept them for more than three years.

 
at 1:26 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate my car, can't wait to get rid of it. i hate those people that have a hummer and then drive it to drop the kids off to school or pick up milk!!!

 
at 2:11 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmi sent me.

You expressed my sentiment exactly how I felt about idiot drivers. Yesterday I had this guy that was tailgating me for about a KM and he suddenly pulled ahead to the left lane and had to stop because of a red light. He almost went through the intersection.

 
at 3:24 PM Blogger Leanne said...

Here via Carmi1

You generalize all you want, from one Jeeper to another :)

 
at 5:47 PM Blogger Panthergirl said...

Oh I loved the 2002!!! I love driver-vents. I should write one too... I get so pissed off at idiot drivers!

Here by way of michele...

 
at 6:23 PM Blogger Chatty said...

Dena is my hero! :)

 

Post a Comment