Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tuesday 10 - Top Ten Favorite Movie Characters

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I figured I'd play the Tuesday 10 today since my friend, Misty and I spent a substantial amount of time talking about it today at lunch. That, and I refuse to be outblogged by a friend. And so, here is my list. Misty and I like many of the same characters (not surprising, since we typically find humor in the same things), and therefore, in an attempt to keep from boring you, I have created an entirely new list.

Hereis my list, in no particular order. And for the hell of it, I listed more than ten. I can do that. I don't like to follow rules.

Dirk Diggler
Played by Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights

Willy Wonka
Played by Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

John “Bluto” Blutarsky
Played by John Belushi in Animal House

Raymond Babbitt
Played by Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man

Vito Corleone
Played by Marlon Brando in The Godfather

Darth Vader
Played by David Prowse and voiced by James Earl Jones in Star Wars

Tony Manero
Played by John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever

Tony Montana
Played by Al Pacino in Scarface

Lloyd Dobler
Played by John Cusack in Say Anything

Bonnie Parker
Played by Faye Dunaway in Bonnie and Clyde

Jack Torrance
Played by Jack Nicholson in The Shining

Dorothy Gale
Played by Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz

Atticus Finch
Played by Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird

dena at 1:39 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 4:50 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Lloyd Dobbler and Atticus Finch are good ones!!!

 
at 8:12 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

darn it, i would have played if i had come here earlier
i've seen all of those except for scarface. my favorite from your list would be dirk diggler and lloyd dobbler, funny how the names are sort of the same

 
at 8:39 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atticus is a good pick. I like both your list and Misty's. You also picked too of my voices that my nephew Jesse loves but Amy hates. Vito Corleone and Tony Montana. Rick Blaine tops my list.

 
at 12:18 AM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love love LOVE this list Dena...I'm going to have to do this sometime...What a GREAT thing to do!!! I love the characters you picked...some I love myself though I might not say they were favorites..except Vito Corleone...terrific character....
Seeing this list makes me want to talk to you about other films and characters you love as well...
Who knows..maybe sometime....

And by the way, IO LOVE the names you gave that Cactus on my blog!! (lol!!)

 
at 12:20 AM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

And Atticus...oh I LOVE Atticus..forgeot him..That's one of THE Great movies ever made in my opinion! Gregory Peck was The Best!

 
at 12:20 AM Blogger kenju said...

Dena, this is a great list. I may try this sometime; I have a problem recalling anything these days.

Of course you may borrow the fat cat thing!

 
at 6:13 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Gene Wilder's Wonka scared the heck out of me as a child! Actually the whole movie scared me, but I was a weird kid :)

Have a great day

 

Post a Comment