Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday Thirteen

1. I bought my first Christmas present today. I am supremely proud of myself. I am a huge last minute shopper, and the fact that I did this in advance is an enormous organizational step for me.

2. I had a turkey, cheddar, cranberry on oatmeal wheat marble bread for lunch today. I got it from the Barnes and Noble café, and it was good. In fact, it was beyond the normal realm of good.

3. I am bed shopping for Ethan. It’s a huge decision. I want to get him this really cool loft set-up. I know he’d love it. Shit, I’d love it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4. I planted some pansies this week. I still need to plant more. I’ve decided to go with the white with purple face, and purple with dark purple face. The pansies make me very happy. I don’t mean a little happy either. Pansies make me hypo-manic.

5. My daughter is turning into me. I’m not sure if this is a good thing, or a bad thing. When she tells me about a fabulously asshole thing she does to someone at work, I don’t know whether I’m supposed to applaud her for her creativity or scold her for being a total bitch.

6. I love my new underwear, especially the tangerine pair.

7. Nadine is having a candle show at her house this weekend. Hopefully this means I’ll have even more Christmas presents knocked off my list.

8. I’m making this recipe for Thanksgiving, and I’m going to double the recipe.

Cranberry Chutney

3 cups raw, unpeeled chopped apples
2 cups raw cranberries
3/4 cups sugar

topping:
1 stick butter softened
1 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix apples, cranberries, and sugar. Put in casserole dish. Mix topping and spread it over top. Bake at one hour at 350 degrees.

9. I bought myself two new pairs of pants yesterday, and two new v-neck tees. I love them.

10. I want to beat the ass of the manager of the Lynnhaven Mall Old Navy. I want to beat the fuck out of his sashaying ass.

11. I’m seriously considering taking a couple of hits of Vicodin at work tomorrow.

12. I watch The OC. Yes, I admitted it.

13. This is my first attempt at the Thursday Thirteen. I first saw it at MommaK’s.

dena at 2:46 PM

13comments

13 Comments

at 3:05 PM Blogger Kimberly said...

At first I thought that was a picture of Ethan's room....I was going to slit one wrist - as least. Tell me you do not have a house that tidy & perfect?! If you do, don't tell me.

Great 13:) I'm adding you now...

 
at 6:30 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That be one super cool bed.

 
at 7:15 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

I am SO GLAD I was in a different line than you today at Old Navy. I could fell the tension rising behind me.

 
at 8:43 PM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is a great Thirteen...Maybe you csn enlighten me..Is it just supposed to be about things that happend on that Thursday..today? Or next Thursday? No one has explained it to me..(though quite frankly, VERY little happens in my life, but it would be fun to try doingthis sometime...
That Bedroom picture is adorable!!! I think I'd like it, too!! (lol)

 
at 9:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

my youngest daughter wants a loft bed like that too, she picked one she wants from ikea, but i don't think it will fit into her room.
i almost missed you doing this, i came by earlier in the day but you hadn't done it yet, glad you left a note, i'll go and link you now.

 
at 4:36 AM Blogger Dak-Ind said...

it is so great to meet new people! Hello, Michelle sent me, and i enjoyed reading your thursday thirteen and learning more about you!

 
at 4:44 AM Blogger Aginoth said...

We do most of our Xmas shopping online...First gifts for the Kids should turn up today.

How are you feeling now Dena after your op?

Michelle sent me

 
at 5:16 AM Blogger sage said...

your chutney sounds interesting...

 
at 5:17 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading 13's. Mine are up too. I didn't know they are called loft beds, the one pictured looks great for a little guy (or girl) Haven't started Xmas shopping because we normally have a skiing vacation as our family gift. Only this Xmas we will be home after I do not know how long. It will be a different feeling. And yes, like Aginoth, may I ask how you are feeling, not wanting to intrude, though. Have a nice day.

 
at 6:30 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I want that bed!

 
at 7:16 AM Blogger Bec said...

a) I love that bed!
b) I wish we had fresh cranberries here, but on the upside, we have mangoes!
c)Hello, this time Michele sent me but I always love coming back to see you.

 
at 10:50 PM Blogger Eric said...

If we buy a house with a big enough ceiling, I WANT THAT BED IN MY ROOM. I'm not sure what my wife and I will do with the space beneath. But I have to have that bed.

 
at 7:38 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have two or three weeks off around Christmas, so I could do all my shopping pretty much last minute.
This year I won't have those days off. I either have to buy all my presents now or I'm going to be a very cranky-since-stressed girl before Christmas.

Came here via Michele.

 

Post a Comment