Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanks for...

The Christmas bonus that my boss had the good sense to give me today, so I can catch all the good sales this weekend.
The quart of 24kt ice cream I picked up at Cold Stone tonight - Carrot cake batter ice cream, walnuts, graham cracker pie crust and caramel...yum!
My Mom - she's doing the entire T'giving day dinner, and all I have to bring is the Cold Stone Ice Cream cake for dessert.
The mother at E's school who brought the chocolate ball coookies to the T'giving dinner today. Too bad she only speaks Hungarian, and probably won't understand what I'm talking about when I beg her for the recipe.


Truly, I have much to be thankful for.

Three beautiful children:

Stephen
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Cristin
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ethan
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have a wonderful husband who loves me AND my martinis.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've got my health, and I'll have a fun new scar to remind me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have good friends and a wonderful family. I know I can count on them, and I know that they care.

For all that I have to be thankful for, there are so many others that are missing all of that - the family, the friends, their health. I cannot help but look at my family and feel blessed today.

dena at 9:11 PM

13comments

13 Comments

at 11:37 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Ethan's picture made me laugh out loud.

 
at 12:59 AM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lovely to see these photo's of your children and of you and your husband! And such a very sweet post about Thanksgiving..I echo what you say and wish you and yours a VERY VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY, and a gloriously sweet time, this weekend, SALES and all!

 
at 8:43 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

(((HUGS)))

 
at 9:18 AM Blogger Dawn said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

P.S.~ I love cold stone ice cream

 
at 11:00 AM Blogger Chatty said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dena! Send up some of that ice cream, wouldja? :)

 
at 12:02 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for martinis too;)
happy thanksgiving!

 
at 3:09 AM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi there..I just stopped by to say I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful...is all that Coldstone Ice Cream gone???? Would sure love a lot of that!

 
at 8:24 AM Blogger sage said...

i hpe your thanksgiving was a blast... As a train lover, the Polar Express was a real treat.

 
at 9:20 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are having fun with your kids all together. Great shot with you and your husband and the martini. That blue top isn't one of those super-super soft ones like Gap has is it? Cause it looks just like the one I bought Wednesday.

 
at 2:38 PM Blogger Marisa said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

You have a beautiful family. ;-)

BTW, love the scar. I have mine (on the left side of my neck)to remind me of my blessings, too.

 
at 7:30 PM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Dena..
Back today via Michele, though I would have come on my own, anyway...Always good to stop by and say HI!

 
at 8:01 PM Blogger kenju said...

Hi, Dena, your children are cute and so is your hubby (and you)! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Have any of that Cold Stone cake left???

 
at 7:17 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You and your family are lovely. Enjoy all those wonderful things you're thankful for. :)

 

Post a Comment