Monday, November 14, 2005

RIP Eddie Guerrero

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's not like I'm a huge, obsessive wrestling fan. In fact, I'm not really a fan at all. My husband watches wrestling (not nearly as much as when we met), my oldest son watches wrestling (and is a founding member of ACW - Apartment Championship Wrestling), and I've actually been to a few live events. (Remember the infamous ECW event, Misty?)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In order to successfully mesh with your family of wrestling watchers, it is best that you pick a favorite wrestler, and a favorite wrestling move. I picked the move first. The Frog Spash. Classic wrestling move, the move which brought Eddie Guerrero his fame. In keeping with the theme, I decided what the heck, I'll take Eddie as my favorite wrestler. It should be obvious to you that I am not a sports fan. I choose all my favorite teams in much the same manner - either I like their colors or the city they are from. It doesn't get much deeper than that, does it?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My friend, Misty, just called me with the news. I figured I'd give the guy a little tribute post. You can read the headlines here.

In the world of wrestling, the pictures are worth so much more than the words.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

dena at 9:58 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 4:48 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

RIP Eddie, RIP! Smackdown is not going to be the same tonight!!!

I am pretty sure Todd may have cried today!

An yes I remember some of ECW Wrestling. I remember drinking heavily before the event, showing up at the event (but not remembering how) and then leaving to go drink more. It was the best night of wrestling EVA! Beside our naked mud wrestling up at Kings Mill!

 
at 6:22 PM Blogger craziequeen said...

Rest in Peace Eddie

And thank you

cq

 
at 8:23 PM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I am a real nerd when it comes to wrestling. But all I know is, 38 is much much too young to die! Poor guy and his poor family! RIP, indeed.

 

Post a Comment