Thursday, November 10, 2005

Motoring

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The other morning, my friend Misty, brought up a song that is very near, and very dear to my heart. It seems she woke up with this song in her head, but could neither remember the entire song, or the artist who sang it. Of course, once she started throwing out tidbits like “motoring” and “sister”, I immediately knew the song, “Sister Christian” by Night Ranger. It’s on the Soundtrack to one of my favorite movies, Boogie Nights, and is part of one of my favorite scenes.

If you’ve never seen the movie, then please run out and rent it for your weekend viewing. If you’ve seen it, but only once, then watch it again. If you’re a diehard fan like me, then I’ll have no trouble convincing you to watch it again.

And so, in honor of Boogie Nights, I feel the need to share some of the best movie quotes ever. Of course, if you’ve never seen the movie, you probably won’t find these quotes even a tad amusing. But once you watch the film, you'll understand why felt the need to showcase it today.

[Colonel's lady friend lying on ground, bleeding from nose.]
Young Stud: I, I think she did too much coke.
The Colonel: Oh you think so doctor?

[In a scene from "Brock Landers: Angels Live In My Town."]
Dirk: [as Brock] You still hungry?
Jessie: Starving.
[Unzipping his pants.]
Dirk: [as Brock] Then feast on that.

Reed Rothchild: Hey, are those lizard?
Dirk Diggler: No, they're Italian. I'm gonna fuckin' buy these.

Dirk Diggler: What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again.

Floyd Gondolli: I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

[Little Bill walks in on his wife having sex with someone]
Little Bill: What the fuck do you think you're doing?
His Wife: What the fuck does it look like I'm doing?

Reed Rothchild: Want to hear a poem I wrote? "I love you, you love me. Going down the sugar tree. We'll go down the sugar tree, and see lots of bees: playing, playing. But the bees won't sting, because you love me." That's it.

Dirk Diggler: I am a star. I'm a star, I'm a star, I'm a star. I am a big, bright, shining star.

dena at 2:49 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 7:39 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

{waving hand}

Motoring!

 
at 9:13 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've seen it twice, liked it both times. love his name, dirk diggler, lol, cracks me up.

 
at 9:22 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boogie Nights was cool, but damn I love me some Sister Christian. Cheesy dumb song, but I used to lay in bed with a big set of headphones hooked into my giant boom box turned up to ten and pop in that Nite Ranger cassette while doing my high school homework and sing "M-O-T-E-R-I-N" Of course I didn't know what they were actually saying for years, but it was fun to sing.

 
at 10:28 PM Blogger Olyal said...

You have inspired me! I'm off to the video store right now! :o)

 

Post a Comment