Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Botany 101

In our house, we grow trees. Adam has always watered the indoor stuff, and I handle the outdoor gardening. Some of the trees he has been caring for are between 5 and 7 years old. They were in 4" pots when we purchased them. Small little houseplants in tiny little pots. Adam fertilized them, transplanted them into larger pots as they grew, and watered them once a week during the summer months and twice a week during the winter months. He does a great job. Our plants flourish. I am very thankful that he handles this household task in its entirety. I don't normally pay much attention to how much he waters them, and that's mainly because they look great. They are big, they are lush.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today I did pay attention. Adam walked around the house with his watering can, stopping at each plant and quenching their thirst.

And then I burst into laughter, as he watered this one:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He looked at me. I couldn't control my loud, raucous laughter. And then he asked, "This isn't real, is it? I've been watering every week for two years."

Nope buddy, I found that one at TJ Maxx. At least now, I know he doesn't over water the plants.

dena at 10:28 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at 3:50 AM Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL!!! Very funny! I'm surprised this fake plant didn't get peculiar anyway cause I don't think they are suppposed to have water poured on them, do you? And for two years!! Adam really does have a green thumb! LOL!

 
at 6:28 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

That is funny. But I'm wondering too how the fake plant managed to survive the watering for all that time?

 
at 8:03 AM Blogger Aginoth said...

ROTFLMAO..

Question is though where has all the water gone? ;o)

 
at 9:41 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, they make some of this artifical stuff look so real, you really need to take a good look.
did you climb up a ladder to get that one shot, looks like you're on the ceiling.

 
at 9:12 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's classic. Amy was impressed that he waters the plants.

 
at 1:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a classic combination on men's ability to both intensely focus on something, and completely miss something right in front of their face. Loved it!!

 

Post a Comment