Tuesday, November 22, 2005

All Aboard

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last Christmas Ethan was a little young for the theater, and I had also heard that Polar Express might be too frightening for a small child, and so we opted out of seeing the film. The movie was released on DVD today, and in typical "time to spoil the kids again" fashion, Misty and I met at Chick-fil-A for dinner, and then headed to Target to purchase our copies of The Polar Express. I was also talked into getting Charlie Brown's Christmas CD, which filled our ears with the sounds of the season.

I wasn't sure Ethan would sit and watch the entire movie the first time around. In fact, I pretty much expected him to watch about 10 mintues max. Suprise, suprise! He loved it! Not a peep was heard from the child with the mouth that never stops. With eyes open wide, and his little mouth dropped open just a tad, he never moved from his seat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tomorrow we're going to buy the book, since we haven't read it yet, and because part of my Christmas chain project involves reading a different holiday book at bedtime each night.

If you feel the need for a little Christmas spirit, and you haven't yet seen the movie, Ethan and I highly recommend this one. I am so excited that the season is actually upon us. This year more than ever.

dena at 9:30 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 6:11 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I wanted to see that movie last year, but never got the chance

 
at 2:51 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never saw this one when it was out, my daughter saw it at a birthday party but didn't particularly like it, so i wasn't planning on buying it, i might rent it though and give it a watch.

 
at 8:28 PM Blogger kenju said...

I have always loved kid's movies, so now that this one is out on DVD, I will probably buy it. I say it is for the grandkids, but I buy them as much for me as I do them!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

 
at 8:52 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks so sweet all into his movie....I want to see that one. I hope you and your family have an eventful, wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

 
at 10:06 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie was awesome, we may buy it tomorrow. Amy and Jackson went to see it last year on a date. I saw it for the first time tonight at a friend's house. I kept zoning out of the adult conversation and focusing on the Polar Express.

 

Post a Comment