Thursday, October 27, 2005

Why me?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On most afernoons Misty and I both get to the Wave to pick up the kids arond the same time. Generally, we'll stand inside or out in front of the school talking about important subjects like Skulz, odd people sightings or something we didn't already discuss between the time we saw each other at lunch, through e-mail, phone calls or blogging. Yes, we both work very hard at our jobs!

Today we were outside discussing how hip the teens are that attend Wave Church. It's one of thos ultra-hip, geared for today's youth kind of churches. They have punk rock bands that play at night, and the kids are all extremely attractive. They look like a bunch of Gap models.

And then we got completely distracted by this conversation:

Dena: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
Misty: Blah, blah, blah?
Dena: Yes, blah, blah, blah!
Ethan: Can I have some gum?
Dena: Hold on. Blah, Blah, Blah
Misty: I agree...blah, blah.
Ethan: Can I please have some gum?
Dena: In a minute. Blah, blah, blah...blah, blah
Ethan: Please can I have some gum?
Misty: Oh, blah, blah.
Ethan: Can I have some FUCKIN' gum?


Yes, we stopped talking. And sadly, we both were in hysterics. Thank goodness it wasn't my mother I was having a conversation with!

It was definitely a proud Mommy moment right there in front of the church. Oh, and when we got to Target guess what the first thing I put in my cart was?

dena at 6:59 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 8:04 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Oh God, I just fucking got laughing again! Thanks!

 
at 9:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy! Guess he knows how to get your attention now! LOL :)

 
at 4:28 AM Blogger Chatty said...

Oh my God! I would have peed my pants right there!

 
at 5:45 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

soap to wash him mouth out with???
fyi, if you ever decide to do that, don't use that pump soap, it stays in their mouth all day;)
been there, done that!!!

 
at 5:14 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny!


I bet you bought some gum right?

that is so 4 year old, don't even sweat it. Just do the little 'bad words aren't appropriate and mommy shouldnt say them either"

lol

by the way, did you just link to me today or have you been visiting my site before?

That was a surprise!

 
at 11:41 AM Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

That is too funny! My husband would have given me that "you need to watch your language around the kids" lecture! (i'm always getting in trouble for that!) LOL.

 
at 7:35 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your site because we have the same name and stayed because I could not stop laughing. You are very funny

 

Post a Comment