Thursday, October 13, 2005

Nominations please...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

People I'd like to see on The Surreal Life:

Sally Struthers
Axl Rose
Natalie from The Facts of Live
Someone from 90210
Someone from 21 Jump Street - Yes, I know Johnny Depp won't play
Kimmy Gibbler from Full House

Food I'd like to see them bring back:

Libby's Fruit Float
Ayd's - the 70's dieter's candy. My 4th grade teacher ate about 46 of them a day. She never lost any weight. Supposedly, they would curb your apetite if you ate one when you were hungry.
3-in-1 Jello - this product was huge like bundt cakes.it was jello with 3 layers a real airy light froth on top and tangy fruit jello in middle and a creme mile pudding on bottom the flavors were like rasberry or watermelon i think.they always photographed them in a stem glass.
oompa-loompas - Round candy about the size of a nickel, half chocolate/half peanut butter with a candy coating like m&m's coating. They brought backsomething similar, but it wasn't the real deal
Purple Passion - When we were way underage, we used to mix this stuff with Rum, and drink it at the beach. I haven't been able to find it since those summers of long ago.

People I hope never get another ounce of publicity, or just fade into oblivion.

Britney Spears (Of course!)
Courtney Love
That guy from Nickelback
Rosie O'Donnel

dena at 6:14 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 7:47 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't Gabrielle Carteris ... aka Andrea, on the one with webster and Vince Neal?

 
at 7:51 PM Blogger dena said...

Oh yeah, she was on it. But she was so forgettable on 90210, and I guess she just carried it through to the Surreal Life. I really would like to see Steve (Ian Ziernig???) or Jennie Garth.

 
at 8:32 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve would be hilarious on there. And I Googled Andrea's real name in case you were wondering. I think I knew it after I saw it, but I couldn't remember it on my own.

 
at 12:48 AM Blogger Your Mother said...

I'd like to see Jenny Garth on there too. And Holly Robinson-whatsherface.

Food I miss - Buckwheats. It was a flake cereal but it had maple syrup. MMM.

Ditto on the celebs but add Anna Nicole and Mike Tyson

 
at 5:13 AM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh Lol at Kimmy Gibbler. She's less obnoxious than the Olsen twins who really really really need to go away in my book. (Along with Tom and Katie)

 
at 8:02 AM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Add J Lo and Diddy to the list!!!

 
at 9:53 AM Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me your way, Dena.

Wow. We're about the same age but most of those things I don't remember, Dena. The Ayds I recall just a little from when I was working in a grocery store in high school. The purple passion sounds like it might have been quite tasty. I didn't taste rum until I was in college tho so I never had a chance to mix the two.

 
at 12:05 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that pic of sally struthers? what happened to her?
isn't that steve guy from 90210 in a new movie, i think he does a cameo with that other one, brian austin green.

 
at 3:20 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

No more publicity on Tom Cruise and his weird approch to this "silent birth", it makes me sick. Hi from Michele's this time! thanks for dropping by! ( I am about to get my new digital camera, then you will see pictures!!)

 
at 3:53 PM Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent choices... I'd like to see them, too!

 
at 8:45 AM Blogger markus said...

Jell-o 123 was the best! i actually have a recipe that tries to recreate it (though it comes out more like Jell-o 12) but it's pretty easy.

Jello 123

3/4 cup boiling water
1 (4-serving size) package Jello, any flavor
1/2 cup cold water
ice cubes
1/2 cup whipped topping (cool whip)

Pour boiling water into blender. Add Jello. Cover and blend at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 30 seconds. Combine cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/4 cups. Add to gelatin and blend until ice is partially melted. Then add whipped topping; blend at high speed for 30 seconds. Pour into dessert glasses. Chill about 30 minutes. Dessert layers as it chills.

 

Post a Comment