Saturday, October 08, 2005

The contents of their heads

Most of the blogs I read are light-hearted, comical, picture shares of day to day of remembrances of ordinary people. However, recently I've introduced myself (and become somewhat addicted) to reading something of a different nature.

What brought me to this newfound interest? Well, the basis is really nothing new. I've always had an enormous interest in the reading about true life crime. Murders and the people that commit them. The background behind the psychopaths, serial killers and sociopaths. Not because I fantasize about murder or anything that dark. It's more the mind behind that murders that interests me.

But the blog hunting (ok, ok...stalking) began with the disappearance of Taylor Behl, and now the recovery of her remains and the pursuit of suspected killer, Ben Fawley, aka Skulz in the inerntet world. The more I read, the more I find, the more I find, the more interesting and dark the entire story becomes.

Certainly, much of my initial interest started because the girl was a student at the University my oldest son attends, and then I find out that Skulz was friends with my son's ex-girlfriend and many of her friends in the theater department.

I've also been watching the news reports and reading the papers, and both local media and police make strong insinuations that blogging is almost deviant in nature.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A photo of skulz...

dena at 9:09 AM

10comments

10 Comments

at 2:24 PM Blogger ribbiticus said...

i can understand how fascinating it must be for you. to actually know someone involved in something like that...hello, here via michele.

 
at 8:13 PM Blogger Thumper said...

Amazing how small the world is sometimes...

I'm not sure I could try to get inside someone's head like that. Too scary of a place, I think.

here via michele's this time :)

 
at 8:15 PM Blogger Karen said...

Here via Michele... scary finding people in common with someone who could be a killer.

 
at 8:58 PM Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Creepy. And scary that it is so close to you, but I'm sure that's why you feel compelled to follow it. My sister loves true crime novels. She used to want to be a pathologist and is facinated with figuring out crimes. It's interesting stuff.

Michele sent me!

 
at 9:02 PM Blogger Sandy said...

Michele sent me!

I've had a few cases in my life where you discover someone near you or remotely connected in a sickening "friend of a friend of a friend" kind of way is of that sort of scary, terrifying criminal mind. It does shake you to the core and the urge to dig and learn more can be strong.

 
at 10:22 PM Blogger yellojkt said...

We had a college disappear around hear and they used her blog for clues. The case was cracked when someone notice a picture of where she was buried on the killers blog.

michele sent me sort of.

 
at 10:23 PM Blogger yellojkt said...

yes, this is that case.

 
at 10:29 PM Blogger Trinity13 said...

Huh, very interesting.

Btw, Michele sent me!

 
at 3:57 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sad story. I never did hear anything about it in NC, but we are back in the area this weekend and discovered out that her body had been found. Thanks for the links, I just read some of the backlog news reports.

 
at 10:11 AM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Do you think you would have let Skulz photograph you?

 

Post a Comment