Thursday, September 22, 2005

Vintage Photo of the Day

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For the first couple of years of my life, we lived with my Grandmother. My Grandfather died before I was born, and my Grandmother didn't like being alone in her three story, 7-bedroom home. She lived on the James River, and within walking distance to everything...city parks, movie theaters, shopping and the library. This is the library my Mom took us to as kids.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this is where we lived.

Most of these buildings are gone now, and I was searching for a series of photos to have framed for my Mom and found this site with some really great photos. I plan on contacting the site, and buying some enlargements. My Mom will love them.

dena at 8:56 AM

4comments

4 Comments

at 10:28 AM Blogger Unknown said...

Such beautiful homes... I'm so sad to hear they're gone. :(

 
at 2:36 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Where is that?

 
at 4:21 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those big front porches. 7 bedroom house, wow!

 
at 6:21 AM Blogger kenju said...

Hi, Dena, Michele sent me. I just love old photos like this!

 

Post a Comment