Thursday, September 22, 2005

Too Good Not To Share

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love cookbooks. I love recipes. I actually love to cook. I just don't have the time.

Every so often I will come across a recipe that I must try. Not must try cooking. Must try as in eating, consumption, chewing and swallowing. And then I ask someone to try it out for me, and let me taste it.

A couple of days ago I came across this recipe, handed it to a friend of mine at work, and the next day she brought not one, but two of these magnificent pies to work.

Make this recipe or have someone make it for you. It will send you into an orgasmic spin.


Title: Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie

Description:
aka Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1/4 cup sour cream
1 quart chocolate chip ice cream, softened

Directions:
Coat bottom and side of an 8-inch pie plate lightly with butter

Combine chocolate syrup and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High until hot, about 45 seconds. Stir until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cholote mixture.

Combine remaining chocolate mixture and cereal in a medium bowl and mix to coat cereal. Press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.

Combine reserved chocolate mixture and the sour cream in a small bowl and mix well. Spread half the ice cream in the prepared pie plate. Drizzle with half the sour cream mixture. Top with remaining ice cream and drizzle with remaining sour cream mixture. Freeze pie, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.

dena at 7:05 PM

10comments

10 Comments

at 8:30 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Ummm, we work 3 minutes from each other...you couldn't have dropped a piece off?

 
at 10:16 PM Blogger Heather said...

Just remember--you promised it would cause an orgasmic spin! That's my main reason for trying it!

 
at 3:33 AM Blogger Olyal said...

That sounds so yummy!!! I definitely have to give it a go!

 
at 6:23 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. Oh. My. That sounds so delicious. Can you send some over this way?

Thanks for visiting...

 
at 6:31 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like evil calories just waiting to jump on my hips!

Hello, Michele sent me.

 
at 8:48 AM Blogger markus said...

i think i'll have to try this! yum.

 
at 10:35 AM Blogger Ciera said...

oh wow. that looks absolutely wonderful. drooling at the site. glad Michele sent me here today. I have birthday coming up in another 10 months...it's not too soon to ask for pie is it?!?!? No wit - - Thanskgiving is closer...:)

 
at 4:01 PM Blogger Michelle Keller said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

 
at 5:37 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, yum!

 
at 9:22 PM Blogger Shannon said...

Drool....

 

Post a Comment