Sunday, September 11, 2005

September Sunday

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

September is clearly the most beautiful month of the year. The time has come when we start to bid a farewell to Summer, and overnight the air turns a bit more crisp, the blue of the sky a bit more vivid, and the clouds seem to take on a little more fluff.

There is nothing better than driving along Shore Drive, the road that runs parallel to the Chesapeake Bay, with your windows down. You smell the salt, you feel the breeze off the water, and if you're lucky you catch the setting sun.

A September Sunday beats it all. Football is on the television, and even if you aren't a sports fan, you still feel compelled to root for someone. An afternoon spent on the deck watching your little one paint a blue and green painting, while the osprey dive into the Lynnhaven River searching for a late dinner. The windows are open and the house is the recipient of the most beautiful cross breeze imaginable. A pot of spaghetti sauce simmers all day on the stove, and teases your senses with the distinct fragrance of garlic and italian sausage.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Summer full of September Sundays?

dena at 6:09 PM

10comments

10 Comments

at 6:44 PM Blogger Ciera said...

It was a good day today. Here from Michele's. How did you do the little drawing of the superhero in the corner of your blog?

 
at 7:19 PM Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

 
at 7:19 PM Blogger Tammy said...

Ooopss....forgot to say, Michele sent me!

 
at 7:31 PM Blogger Star said...

I love when summer turns to fall. Those really crisp days! Michele sent me.

 
at 8:06 PM Blogger carmilevy said...

I couldn't agree more. I love that first crisp evening that convinces you that summer's humid hold on the calendar is finally over. I wish every day could be a September day.

I'm visiting from Michele's - this time.

 
at 8:10 PM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

We could all use a few more glorious Sundays!

Here via Michele :)

 
at 8:14 PM Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me to you again, Dena.

That picture of the landscape and river is very pretty. I could have sworn I'd seen it before here but upon looking in your archives I see my memory has steered me wrong. I must have seen it elsewhere.

As for rooting for a team, I have no choice. My girlfriend would dump me if I was behind anyone other than UNC. Weird choice since given my druthers I'd not pick football players that wear powder blue. LOL

 
at 8:18 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day for sure. And I agree that September has the best weather of the year. Warm afternoons, but cool mornings and evenings. Perfect.

 
at 10:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hello! Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. I live in the south, so it's the most temperate time--end of September/early October through December are my absolute favorite months. The football, the holidays, the cool breeze sneaking in after a stifling summer. Yes!

 
at 9:21 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet you make no reference whatsoever to the terrorist attacks and that September 11th should be a day of remembrance! Damn you're not the far away from NY. Did you even think of all those people once on the 11th?

 

Post a Comment