Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Just sit right back...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Growing up, Gilligan's Island was my favorite TV show. FAVORITE. I pretended to be Ginger. My best friend pretended to be Mary Ann. Life was good in the 60's. I continued to be a fan during high school, and would come home and watch the reruns every single day after school.

I knew the theme song by heart, and we sang it loud and hard. It was our anthem.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour, a three hour tour...
The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost; the Minnow would be lost.
The ship took ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,
with Gilligan, the Skipper too,
the Millionaire, and his Wife,
the Movie Star, the Professor and Mary Ann,
here on Gilligan's Isle.


Bob Denver
Rest in Peace Little Buddy...

dena at 2:55 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 8:24 PM Blogger Kim said...

I *loved* Gilligan!!! So sad that he's died. We call our new kitty Cowboy or Little Buddy, his real name is Jasper.

 
at 11:08 PM Blogger utenzi said...

My earliest solid memory of hearing anything on the news was when Bob Denver was arrested for having pot on him. I was probably around 7.

The theme song is amazingly clear in my head as I read the words. I've not seen that show in at least 30 years...

 
at 7:25 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to watch GI all the time, too, as a child. I named my first dog Ginger because my dad brought her home while I was watching GI. Amazing how those old TV shows get weaved into our memories.
LJ

 
at 12:34 PM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I just heard about this morning. There aren't many castaways left, are there?

 
at 10:30 AM Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you picked Ginger. I never did fall for that "Mary Anne is the hot one" bologna... Viva la bombshell!

 

Post a Comment