Thursday, September 08, 2005

I want to thank you...

...for letting me be myself.

Every now and again I need to remind myself of the people how thankful I am for my family, and why.

My husband...despite all of his laziness in the housekeeping business, he actually does take care of the important things. He's a very interactive Dad. He does the Daddy stuff that could be Mommy stuff, but that I don't really like. Like saving me from having to play Power Rangers for five hours straight each night. I don't have to watch the show with Ethan. I don't have to pretend to be the Blue Ranger. I don't have to sit on the floor and act out elaborate scenes with the 963 Power Ranger figures that Ethan owns. For that, I am ultra thankful. I'd much rather read the bedtime stories, paint, color, and make turtles out of play doh.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I like him even when I'm not saturated with Martinis.


My daughter...despite being an absolute pain in the neck, she makes me laugh, she watches girly movies with me, and she loves her little brother.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As much as I want her to move out one day, I'll miss her terribly when she does.


My son...the stabilizing force, the caring one, the compassionate one. The son that every mother wants, old ladies adore, and girlfriends get spoiled by. He's more mature than most kids his age, and he's the kind of guy you could rely on.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After all, how many guys get asked to be Friend/MAn of Honor in their best friend's wedding?


The baby...he makes me smile, he makes me cry, he keeps me young.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He's the baby...'nuff said.

dena at 4:52 PM

8comments

8 Comments

at 5:55 PM Blogger Margaret said...

Wonderful pictures, beautiful thoughts.

 
at 6:17 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet post today, Dena. You have a beautiful family:)

 
at 6:33 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

What about the friend?

 
at 12:13 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great pix! You have a lovely family! Thanks for sharing.

 
at 2:01 AM Blogger utenzi said...

Ethan, assuming he's the youngest, is adorable in that picture, Dena. What a great shot.

 
at 7:06 AM Blogger Emmanuel said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. That's nice, how you are starring your family members.

 
at 10:44 AM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Yeah, but what about the friend?

 
at 10:47 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice post. One of my three best friends going waaay back is a girl. When I had to pick my three groomsmen, it just seemed ridiculuous not to ask all three of my best friends,why should she get left out just because she's a girl? So I asked her, She wore the same dress as the bridesmaids, except in black. To date, I have never heard of anyone else ever switching up the sexes in the wedding party until just now. "Right on" for your son and his friend!

 

Post a Comment