Wednesday, September 28, 2005

How old did they say I am?

Sometimes I just love how unbelievably childish I am. Who cares that I don't act my age?

Sure it's immature that whenever my husband says things that piss me off, I flip him off and stick my tongue out behind his back. And sometimes to his face!

When my husband stays out drinking with a buddy (later than I'd like for him to), I do things like:
Call him every five minutes, knowing he's hungover
Make childish remarks like, "I didn't know Tony was your lover now."

Play cruel and heartless practical jokes on my daughter when she was in jr high. For instance, once I had a girl I worked with call and pretend to be the dentist's office and ask how she would like to have her tooth pulled out - yanked out with a pair of pliers or cut out with a razor blade. She had an appt. scheduled for the next day to actually have a tooth extraction, and so my call fell perfectly into place. A few minutes later she called in hysterics. But I've done better pranks than that. Right Misty?

Send notes back and forth during business meetings. Notes with drawings and remarks about the people in attendence. Right, Misty?

Maybe I'll grow up next year. Nah...I think I'll wait a bit.

dena at 6:19 PM

9comments

9 Comments

at 6:38 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

One day we will do it again!

 
at 6:57 PM Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Too funny! I just don't have enough imagination to do that.

 
at 6:58 PM Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

oh and michele sent me

 
at 7:46 PM Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Growing up is just not any fun, I can't see why anyone would want to do it.

 
at 8:10 PM Blogger buffi said...

If you can't mess with your own kids, why have them??

Michele sent me!

 
at 8:13 PM Blogger Your Mother said...

I don't wanna grow up. I really don't. And, I had kids partly for torture reasons. They are great for that. And cleaning the toilets. Okay, I made up that last part.

PS - I like the new layout too.

 
at 8:17 PM Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Visiting from Michele's.

 
at 8:17 PM Blogger sage said...

Don't grow up! I don't like it when I find myself acting grown up for too long. Maybe it's time for another children's crusade! (but not like that debacle back in the middle ages)

 
at 6:34 AM Blogger Bec said...

Hi Dena, michele sent me and i agree with the others, absolutely no need to grow up before you're ready... say at 90 or so.

 

Post a Comment