Tuesday, August 30, 2005

News and Dreams

Often I sleep with the television on, and generally it's tuned to the news. It's not on all night, but I fall asleep with it on and then later wake up to turn it off, and then wake again to turn it back on. During that final period, I tune it to our local news so that I wake up to the weather, the traffic and to find out what happened while I slept. Usually the big local stories are murders. Yes, murders with an S. I used to be shocked by the murders, listening to see if I recognized a name. I'm so desensitized to it all, that now I listen for the street name to see how close I am to the crime location. I hate that it's not shocking me into fear any longer.

But what's really buggy is that curing my last two hours of sleep each day, I'm dreaming thatI'm a participant, observer or a victim of the crimes.

I've got to go back to watching Nick at Night in the early hours. At least then maybe I will dream I'm Jack, Chrissy or Mr. Roper.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

dena at 5:46 AM

6comments

6 Comments

at 1:33 PM Blogger markus said...

that sounds more like a nightmare! i'd stick with nick at night from now on...

 
at 2:11 PM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

You can be Janet and I will be Chrissy. Who should we pick to be our Jack?

 
at 3:34 PM Blogger Kimberly said...

Can I be Terri??

I agree don't sleep with the news on. Maybe try infomercials...then you'll dream of clear skin, making your own juice and losing weight ;)

 
at 9:05 AM Blogger carmilevy said...

Ah, the memories. I'm not sure anyone will ever have the comic timing of John Ritter. He was an original.

Dropped in from Michele's again today.

 
at 7:25 PM Blogger Margaret said...

I fell asleep during a Marathon of Cold Case Files on A & E....dreams not pretty at all. Stick to Nick--you can always switch to local once it can't invade your sleep.

 
at 8:31 PM Blogger Kevin said...

Janet just can't get any respect.

 

Post a Comment