Sunday, August 28, 2005

MTV wins again

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Super Sweet 16 has one again demonstrated to today's youth that your parents can be manipulated, tricked, coerced, threatened, humiliated, trained....directly in front of half the nation.

People talk about the spoiled brat kids on the show, but really, what 16 year old wouldn't accept a brand new luxury car of their choice, along with a party in the six figure range. C'mon, it's not the kids that we should question here, it's the foolish parents.

Hats off to MTV for creating a show that did exactly what it intended --- made fools of the adults! Applause, applause.

dena at 6:08 PM

8comments

8 Comments

at 6:37 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Michele sent me. Nice tiara.

 
at 6:38 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I won't let my daughter see anything that portrays parents as fools. I want her to retain respect as long as possible... If possible!

 
at 6:58 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

Jeez. Parents are really puppets to their kids today, eh? Darned teen-targeted advertising.

 
at 8:29 PM Blogger Olyal said...

Hiya! I've come via michele's.
I suspect that it isn't MTV fault for portraying the parents as idiots... it the parents fault for BEING idiots. There are some dumb people in this world, and they always wonder why stuff comes back to bite them in the butt.

Let's hear it for the intelligent population of the world!!!

BTW: Great blog!

 
at 9:10 PM Blogger Kimberly said...

I've never seen the show which is good because it sounds like I would hate it. Teenage reality shows, no thanks. Like I need more of that reality...

 
at 9:11 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle sent me.... but I'd a come anyways!! :)

I just went to a party for my niece who turned 16 today!

 
at 11:42 AM Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

Umm, I was going to throw Kaiden one of those. Dang.

 
at 9:06 PM Blogger Trinity13 said...

Hmmm, I hadn't even heard of the show before.

But you're right, it's the parents fault that the kids are the way they are.

Btw, Michele sent me!

 

Post a Comment